Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Art Director to help develop the future story of Telltale for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The Art Director is responsible for establishing and holding the artistic vision for The Wolf Among Us 2 and future Telltale titles. They will manage our Unreal based art pipeline, working with internal and external teams to execute the vision of the project alongside other experienced technical and creative leads. Ideal candidates will bring their own vision and passion for reviving this unique art style, as well as hands-on experience building a modern game art development pipeline and team.
The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera or Malibu office in California, and reports to our VP of Creative Development.
- Establish a unique product artistic vision with high standards regarding aesthetics and technical aspects of the art production
- Explore, test, and document the project's art development plan across a variety of disciplines, helping to establish an efficient pipeline and team
- Work operationally with the creative and technical leads to build a cohesive artistic direction and pipeline for upcoming Telltale titles
- Oversees internal and external art teams, providing ownership of a wide range of assets from 2D concepts to 3D assets, animation and VFX
- Work with studio leadership and production on establishing art timelines, staffing, and goals as well as providing vision into this roadmap
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity and originality with concepts and treatments for new IP under exploration or development, as well as art R&D for our pipeline
- Provide artistic leadership and relationship building with the evaluation, recruiting and training of internal and external teams
- Must have 8 or more years experience with game development artistic leadership
- Ideal candidate has 2 or more years experience with Unreal Engine
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of art production experience (MFA preferred)
- Portfolio of work that with original compelling visuals with both realistic and stylized styles
- Experience working closely with outsource art partners and/or remote teams
- Strong technical understanding of real time rendering and modern 3D pipelines
- Ideal candidate will have experience in games with high quality cinematic presentation
- Receptive to the iterative nature of games design with a willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed
- Must have strong communication skills and a positive and professional attitude
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.