Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled 3D Art Generalist to help write the future story of Telltale, including for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The 3D Art Generalist is responsible for a variety of 3D art tasks and is able to jump from one area of expertise from modeling to texturing and everything in between. Ideal candidates will bring a high-level broad skillset and have shipped titles in Unreal.
The position is for full-time employment, hybrid WFH/office in either our Corte Madera or Malibu office. This position is also eligible for remote work.
- Works with Art Director to create character, environment, prop art and VFX for The Wolf Among Us 2.
- Executes a variety of art tasks as needed, including modeling (Maya preferred), texturing in photoshop and Substance, etc.
- Troubleshoots and optimizes incoming art from outsource studios as needed.
- Takes in and iterates on feedback given by the Art Director or other stakeholders.
- Documents all processes and workflows in Confluence.
- Proactively stays up on new software, processes and industry trends and shares this knowledge with the team.
- Intakes Art Assets such as Environments and Props and imports them into Unreal and helps to build scenes and levels out of modular parts.
- At least 3 years in games having shipped multiple titles.
- Ability to execute a broad range of CG, Animation tasks including modeling, texturing, and look development with the bulk of experience in Console and PC games.
- Experience in Unreal Engine including a working knowledge and solid experience with materials in Unreal.
- Good to excellent skills in paint and sculpt softwares such as zBrush.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed.
- Must be a team player and receptive to the iterative nature of making games with a willingness to jump into a variety of roles outside of normal daily tasks when the need or opportunity arises.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to receive, interpret, analyze and execute direction and changes coming from the Art Director and other stakeholders.
- Experience in lighting a plus.
- Experience in creating vfx
- Basic animation skills and knowledge
Along with your cover letter and resume, please include a portfolio of samples that represent the range of your skills, provided that everything has been cleared for release by copyright owners. We prefer links to online portfolios if possible.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.