Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Lead 3D Environment Artist to help write the future story of Telltale, including for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The Lead 3D Environment Artist is responsible for creating immersive video game environments in the highest quality and artistic fidelity possible. Ideal candidates will have the ability to bring substance to immersive environments in a believable but stylized graphic novel world.
The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera and/or Malibu offices.
- Works with the Art Director and other stakeholders to create high quality immersive and dramatic environments.
- Referring to concept art and other guidance, the Environment Artist models and textures game environments from gray box layouts.
- Manages external environment artists and teams.
- Takes in and iterates on feedback given by the Art Director or other stakeholders.
- Takes part in Art Team meetings and provides constructive input and support to the rest of the art team.
- Must have 5 or more years experience high quality environment modeling texturing.
- Ideal candidates can execute an accurate version of an approved grey box level layout and elevate it to a refined detailed level in game ready 3D.
- The ability to create naturalistic stylized graphic novel environments.
- Comprehensive knowledge and solid experience with materials in Unreal.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed.
- Must be a team player and receptive to the iterative nature of making games with a willingness to jump into a variety of roles outside of normal daily tasks when the need or opportunity arises.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to receive, interpret, analyze and implement direction and changes coming from the Art Director and other stakeholders.
- Ideal candidate will have shipped multiple titles in an Unreal or similar production environment.
Along with your cover letter and resume, please include a portfolio of samples that represent the range of your skills, provided that everything has been cleared for release by copyright owners. We prefer links to online portfolios if possible.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.