Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Systems Engineer to help write the future story of Telltale, including for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The System Engineer is responsible for collaborating with our technical team to develop low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform development pipeline. The position will primarily be working in Unreal and our proprietary tools, and the ideal candidate will bring an expert level understanding of Unreal development with experience in animation systems, build pipelines, and graphics subsystems.
The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera or Malibu office in California, and reports to our CTO.
- Create robust long lived, content agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross platform feature fidelity
- Working in Unreal and custom C++ tools, improve, debug, and extend one or more individual subsystems alongside Sr Engineers. Examples: NPR Rendering, File Systems, Resource Management, Animation, Dialog, Audio, and others
- Create clean APIs for internal tools and editors that support developing cutting edge game technology in cinematography, online integration, animation, and rendering
- Utilize numerous development environments and SDKs such as Developer Studio, Unreal Editor, and platform technology stacks
- Analyze code performance and optimize appropriately for speed and memory usage
- Develop and maintain Telltale’s proprietary game development pipeline and tools.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, and publications
- Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology plan of the company and the game titles
- Strong fluency in C++/STL and 3+ years of professional C++ experience
- 3+ years of game development experience, ideally in a professional capacity
- Ideal candidate will have experience that includes work with the Unreal Engine and current gen hardware (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, XSX, Switch)
- Understanding of current hardware and tools, with a keen focus on measurement and analysis to improve performance
- Working knowledge of modern motion capture and animation technologies
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine and team structures
- Detail oriented “finisher” with proven ability to create tested, reliable systems for rapid deployment
- Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.