Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Technical Designer to help write the future story of Telltale, including for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The Technical Designer is responsible for bringing the vision of our creative teams to life while contributing in important ways to player interactivity and narrative gameplay. The position will primarily be working in Unreal and our proprietary tools, and the ideal candidate will bring an expert level understanding of Unreal systems development with experience in interactions, animation systems and cinematic games.
The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera and/or Malibu office in California and reports to our CTO.
- Working in Unreal, help plan, design, and then fully implement narrative interactions and game scenes for an upcoming Telltale title in Unreal
- Develop modern narrative gameplay experiences by leveraging existing systems and creating new ones
- Work closely with our development teams to envision and implement strategies for game components, narrative system tools, and product deadlines
- Master proprietary Telltale cinematic authoring technology, helping to build integrations for the next generation of narrative games
- Design, write and test efficient blueprints and design systems that control the game functionality and authoring tools
- Working in small focused groups, be an active participant in the design and production of the game; you are the technical side of the creative team!
- 5 or more years experience as a systems designer, technical designer, or gameplay programmer
- Must have 3 or more years experience with Unreal Engine and consider themselves ‘advanced’ in all aspects of Unreal gameplay capabilities
- Proven experience building key components of a modern Unreal game, ideally with focus on cinematics, animation, and player interactions
- Ability to think like a designer and programmer at the same time, creating compelling and highly efficient game systems
- Thrive on creating highly direct and operational systems that shines in their functionality more than their elegance
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed
- Receptive to the iterative nature of games design with a willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Ideal candidate will have a programming degree or equivalent experience
- Must have strong communication skills and a positive and professional attitude
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.