Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Narrative Technology Engineer to help write the future story of Telltale, including for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The Narrative Technology Engineer is responsible for collaborating with our creative and technical teams to develop tools that encode artistic direction, aid in creative automation, and serve as the foundation for our iterative pipeline. The position will primarily be working in Unreal and our proprietary tools, and the ideal candidate will bring an expert level understanding of tools development with experience in animation systems, motion capture, and cinematics tools.
The position is for full-time employment, hybrid WFH/office in either our Corte Madera or Malibu office, and reports to our CTO.
- Own key pieces of the the content creation tool kit used by the narrative, cinematics and interactive teams
- Build tools which help animators and designers develop the digital game character’s performance, with a focus on automation, multiple takes, dialog driven emotion, and situation aware subsystems
- Build systems using cutting edge motion capture technology to aid directors, cinematographers, and editors in rapidly visualizing performance
- Create movie quality cinematography and choreography tools used by the teams to edit, polish, and present content
- Create script and logic system driven animation, acting, gameplay, and cinematography to enable creative exploration by the studio
- Facilitate, capture, and automate artists’ processes such as writing, animation, cinematography and editing
- Strong fluency in C++/STL and 3+ years of professional C++ experience
- 3+ years of game development experience, ideally in a professional capacity
- Ideal candidate will have experience that includes work with the Unreal Engine and current gen hardware (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, XSX, Switch)
- Working knowledge of modern motion capture and animation technologies
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine and team structures
- Detail oriented “finisher” with proven ability to create tested, reliable systems for rapid deployment
- Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.