Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Technical Artist to help write the future story of Telltale for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The Technical Artist will be an early key contributor to our Unreal-based art pipeline for The Wolf Among Us 2 and future Telltale titles. Responsibilities will include prototyping early vision scenes, animation tests, and material setups, as well as evaluation of tools and partners for use in full production. The ideal candidate will have expert level understanding of Unreal art capabilities and bring an attitude of experimentation and eagerness to tackle bold artistic and technical challenges.
The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera or Malibu office in California, and reports to our CTO.
- Design character rigs for biped Quadruped and Multi-limbed or Winged creature rigs.
- Developing auto-rigging tools for biped and quadruped characters in Python
- Oversee FACS based facial rigging and sculpting
- Develop Art Tools supporting the Animation and Art departments
- Skinning and skinning review of characters
- Working in Unreal, help to establish our art and cinematic pipeline, work across several art disciplines including lighting, rigging, animation, and general art support as the need arises
- Lead efforts in building foundational systems for art to establish scenes, animation, rigging, FX, and material tests
- Coordinate with art, technical, and studio leads to help build and maintain a high performance art pipeline from creation to final package delivery
- Rapid prototyping, experimentation, R&D, and review of internal and 3rd party cinematic tools and process
- Problem solve and determine ‘out of the box’ solutions for pipeline challenges
- Contribute to the unique product artistic vision holding high standards for aesthetics and technical art implementation
- Assist with technical art as required including VFX, rigging, etc.
- 5 or more years experience as a Technical Artist or Rigger
- Advanced Python Scripting and Maya API knowledge
- Understanding of FACS based rigs
- Proven understanding of body and facial anatomy and plans to reproduce these in rigs and in-game characters
- Demo Reel demonstrating human and creature rig techniques.
- Must have 3 or more years experience with Unreal Engine and modern 3D art pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in CS, 3D graphics, or related field
- Proven experience building tools for modern Unreal art pipeline with solid understanding of Unreal scripting
- Solid experience working with shader and materials in Unreal
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines, including character and environment systems
- Experience working with offsite art and programming teams
- Portfolio demonstrating technical artistic ability including work in Unreal based games
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed
- Must have strong communication skills and a positive and professional attitude
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.