Telltale Games grew to become an industry leader in episodic delivery of narrative games, winning numerous accolades for its best-selling titles. Working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we will honor that tradition while also pushing the boundaries of the way players consume and experience interactive storytelling. We are seeking a skilled Lead 3D Animator to help write the future story of Telltale, including for our upcoming sequel to The Wolf Among Us.
The Lead 3D Animator is responsible for creating high quality animation for game characters from human to fantastic. Ideal candidates will bring a passion for creating dynamic and emotive animation with a graphic novel flare.
The position is for full-time employment in our Corte Madera and/or Malibu offices.
- Create high quality animation content, primarily for bipeds and quadrupeds but additionally winged creatures and other fantastic creatures.
- Manages external animators and or teams with the ability to intake and clean up animation from those sources as well as large amounts of mocap data.
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration.
- Troubleshoot and solve animation issues with all departments.
- Implement animation assets into the game engine and iterate as needed with input from the Art Director and other stakeholders.
- Takes part in Art Team meetings and provides constructive input and support to the rest of the art team.
- Must have 5 or more years experience in high end animation for games.
- Technical experience working with game engines and game animation implementation.
- Experience in Maya preferred.
- Experience with motion capture, MotionBuilder and working with mocap data.
- Deep understanding of anatomy and human and creature kinetics.
- Expert knowledge of basic principles of animation: timing dynamics and body mechanics.
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed.
- Receptive to the iterative nature of games design with a willingness to participate in many areas of game development.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to receive, interpret, analyze and execute direction and changes coming from the Art Director and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
Along with your cover letter and resume, please include your shot reels, provided everything has been cleared for release by copyright owners. We prefer links to online portfolios if possible.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.