Job Title: Associate Project Manager
We love telling stories. Telltale Games helped pioneer episodic narrative games. These titles have won numerous accolades over the years. Now, working with a small team of talented industry veterans, we honor that tradition while pushing the boundaries of interactive storytelling.
We’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated Associate Project Manager. Are you ready to work closely with a talented, cross-functional game development team? We need your help planning, scheduling, facilitating communication, and identifying risk. You’ll be tackling tasks -- big and small -- with our internal team while coordinating with external partners.
It’s all about making the next generation of ambitious narrative games (like The Wolf Among Us 2) and having fun while getting the job done. We’re starting something truly great with the new Telltale and we want you to be a part of it as we build this team together.
The position is for full-time employment in our Malibu or Corte Madera offices in California, and reports to our Director of Operations.
- Facilitate day-to-day communication of the project team, regularly drive meetings, capture notes and keep everyone on the same page.
- Work closely with external development teams to review tasks, bugs, and deliverables on a daily and per-sprint basis.
- Partner with Art, Design, Engineering, QA, and Publishing team members on projects in active development (this includes brand new projects, back catalogue initiatives, and ports).
- Track the team’s tasks and act as the first point of contact. Understand the current state of what each team member is working on, as well as short and medium term development goals of the project.
- Contribute to crafting a positive, inclusive workplace culture.
- Must have 2 or more years of experience in game development, game production, or relevant experience coordinating a multi-platform game including current and/or next gen consoles.
- Must have previous experience coordinating with a cross-functional game development team.
- Must have effective, strong communication skills, and a positive, professional attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
- Experience managing both internal and external development teams.
- Experience tracking, documenting, and managing teams utilizing Agile or Waterfall project management methodologies.
- Experience with project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated ability to identify and escalate project blockers, risk, and provide potential solutions.
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed.
- Skilled at wearing many hats and acting as a catch-all for the needs of a small talented, distributed team working on multiple projects in different phases of development and different levels of complexity simultaneously.
- Receptive to the iterative nature of game design with a willingness to participate in many areas of game development and team management.
*Telltale will remember this* (Bonus Points)
- Your love for narrative-driven games or entertainment based on well-known IPs (TV & Movies) is only matched by what you’ve told Bufkin in Season 1 of The Wolf Among Us.
- You’re eager to learn new skills and provide support with the needs of the team, no matter how small.
- You still play games...and have played a Telltale game. Spoiler Alert - We’ll ask you which one is your favorite!
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
LCG Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.